Saturday, November 6, 2010

Two Fun Days With My Mother and Me!!!






Marker for the Willey Family Plots


Taken in Mendon, Utah





My mother and I decided it was time to spends a few days of doing genealogy. We had a great time going from place to place.
On Thurs. afternoon we drove to Mendon, where we found some grave of my mom relatives on her father's side. It was the smallest cemetery that I had visited but had the best map that showed where everyone was buried. This helps when you are doing genealogy. I love it.
The it was getting late so we went to my niece's home to see her family. We got there and their baby gave up. Iwas sad that I wasn't able to see him.
After a subway sandwich, we headed to my parents condo and stayed the night. Friday morning we got up early and started off to check out some more history of my mom's family.
It was a gold mine that we hit. We found graves, saw the cabin where my great great great great grandfather lived and his second house. Got a lot of history from a nice lady that helped us to see the little cabin.
We also went to my g,g,g,g, grandfather's second home - where we were in luck, the people that lived there were just coming out and we got to talk to them for a while. They gave us a disk of journals, pictures and such. It was so exciting. What a day.
Then we went to see my nephew's family. He was at work but got to see 3 of his 4 children. It was fun. But I had not see the little girls since they were just about a month old. So I was sad that I did'n't get to meet everyone again. Avri was a sleep but the others were fun to play with and watch.
It was a full two days of a great visit with my mom.

No comments: