Monday, September 28, 2009

One of the best weekends at the cabin!!!







This weekend I organized a get together with my cousin and sister. It was all my Clark 1st cousin - just the girls - well except a few extra visitors in and out. It turned out good.
Friday night, we met and Cindy Myers and Carla Hunter did dinner - it was great cheeseburger soup, with homemade rolls - a great way to start the weekend. Right before dinner started out cousin Jean from Canada dropped in. We were not expecting her because she emailed me and told me not too. But it was great to see her. It has been a long time for any of us to see her. We are so glad that she took the time. So at dinner we had 11 + Gregg - Jean's husband. It was great. We stayed up talking till 1:30 am. It was great to talk about memories and other things that we didn't know about each other.
Saturday, we got up and Callie and MaryJo and others fixed us breakfast - French toast with fruit - it was great. Then we visited - Nancy, Chris and Dianne, wanted us to come for lunch at their cabin - So around 1:00 we went over there and sat on the back deck and had lunch - sandwich, chips and vegatables - it was nice. Kaye and Sherri came and joined us there. It was great to have them for a few hours.
Dinner was Salmon thanks to Rita - it was awesome and fun with a salad, rice. What a dinner - Tom Gallup, and his brother and wife joined us that evening meal. We only talked till 11:30. and Callie had to leave and go home. We watched a DVD that my daughter did for my cousin Brenda . Brenda passed away in March but we wanted her to be part of the reunion.
Sunday morning was good - Kerry fixed breakfast and then everyone jumped in and helped me get the cabin clean - it was a catch up weekend for the cousin. I'm pleased that after talking things through we have decided to do it again next year. Around the same time of year and the same place. It was nice we could be together at one place and visit. I was surprised that we didn't do a lot of anything else but we all love the weekend. Next year we are voting that Ted L. do prawns for us like the Highwayman use to do. I would love it but I hope he will do shrimp cocktail too. This would be great. I hope we can get some of the others to come next year. They were missed. I know that some of the cousins that couldn't come had things in there family's they had to help with. So I'm hoping things will get better for them all and they can join us next year. Thanks for all your support that came!!!! Thanks to all the second generation for helping us have a fun game to get to know each other. It was great!!! Thanks Natasha!!! Thanks to my daughter Brittney for making the magnets. So all and all I had great support. Suggestions for next year would be appreciated cousins!!!!! Thanks!!!

No comments: