Monday, May 11, 2009

Nauvoo is a wonderful, beautiful place - I wish that I would of had more time there to work on genealogy!!!

This is the inside of the cabin we stayed in. They said this cabin was suppose to sleep 6 people - oh boy that would of been interesting. It had the double bed, the twin beds and a futon. The bathroom was walk in and almost back out. It was fun thou. I felt like that the cabin was as tall as I was. It was really fun. I loved staying there. It was something different and exciting. This is owned by a family - the wife does all the bookkeeping and the husband builds. They have other sizes of cabins. It was awesome.
The front of the cabin we stayed in. It was just Pat and I. Joyce went to Arkansas to visit relatives.

The temple was really beautiful. It was the only place we could use our cell phones. So we would sit outside the temple and call our families. It was funny. But it ended up working.


This is across the street from the temple. It is beautiful. The statue is of Joseph and Hyrum on horse back looking over Nauvoo. This is where I stayed when I was in Nauvoo in 1999, but they have toren down the building where I stayed. It was the hotest, sweatest place that I have ever stayed. But they have done such wonderful things with the area. It is awesome and calming to sit there and enjoy the beauty.

The cabin we stayed out. It was really little. It was called the Van Fleet cabin.






No comments: